Monday, January 15, 2018

1968

this year I am reading all the talks President Monson gave in General Conference 
here are my thoughts on the talks he gave in 1968

April 1968
From Nazareth

In this talk President Monson touched on all the things that came out of Nazareth.
From Nazareth came : 
example
sight
strength
life
faith
peace
courage
and Christ

It was a really beautiful talk that made me think about what will be said about where I came from. Hopefully from Slough came a righteous daughter of God. From Slough came a devoted wife and mother to three beautiful children. From Slough came the foundation to her testimony. It was neat to think about. 


October 1968
Tonga = Love

It is evident just how much love President Monson had for the Tongan people (and all people.)

He devoted his entire talk to talking about the Tongan people and the love that they have. A couple things I love from this talk were, "Satan ensnares unsuspecting individuals and takes possession of their destiny." I had never thought about it in that way. We each have a divine mission and an eternal destiny, if we follow Satan, we will be robbed of that destiny. The other thing I loved from this talk was the quote above, "Do not pray for tasks equal to your power, rather pray for powers equal to your tasks." We can do amazing things when needed. I look back on hard times that I have gone through and know that I made it through because of the strength and comfort I received from a loving father in heaven. 





a quick side note - lds.org does not have general conference talks before 1971, so I had to find them on a different website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Games we Played in February 2022

  February was a big game month for our family. Lilly Belle and I both discovered a love for board games and that left us wanting to play on...