Wednesday, November 23, 2016

~ The Story behind Beck's Name ~

For me, finding a boy's name that I love has always been a struggle. I could give you an endless list of girl's names that I love; however, a name for a boy, not so much. I like a lot of names like Landon, Russell, Evan, Ryan etc but none that I would use to name my little guy. I was convinced that he would be baby boy Craig forever. 

The Sunday before my gender reveal ultra scan (although they make it clear that this is not a gender reveal scan) Aaron and I rented a movie called, God's of Egypt. . . . Awesome movie by the way. . . In that movie their is a scene where the God, Horus, keeps calling his mortal companion mortal instead of his name. Eventually, the mortal says to Horus that his name is not mortal, it's Beck! As soon as he said that I turned to Aaron and said I like that name. From that moment on it is all I could think about. Aaron wasn't ready to commit to Beck. Over the next couple months he mentioned other names to me, but nothing compared to Beck. I knew this was his name and finally Aaron admitted it too. 

Now we had his first name we just needed a middle name. We had always discussed using Edward as a middle name after my father and Aaron's step-dad, and we had told a few people that his middle name was Edwards. However, as the pregnancy progressed it just wasn't feeling right to me. It wasn't until he was born that I told Aaron I wanted his middle name to be Aaron. I know Aaron was touched by this because he has always wanted a boy. 

I couldn't be happier with his name. I love my little guy, Beck Aaron Craig.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Games we Played in February 2022

  February was a big game month for our family. Lilly Belle and I both discovered a love for board games and that left us wanting to play on...