Friday, June 13, 2014

~ Freezer Strawberry Jam ~



After picking some delicious strawberries, it was time to make some freezer strawberry jam!
I used the recipe that comes in the pectin box


Pulse your strawberries until you get the consistency you like. 
I like a mixture of big and small chucks.
Then measure out two cups of strawberries.


In a large bowl add four cups of granulated sugar and two tablespoons of lemon juice.
(or one fresh lemon)


Pour in your strawberries and stir, stir, stir.
You want to stir until the sugar is dissolved.
My cute assistant and I stirred our mixture for about ten minutes.


I purchased liquid pectin. 
The recipe calls for one packet to be added.


After everything was mix together, I let it sit for three minutes.


Label your jars.
Don't forget the date!


Fill your freezer safe jars with your jam mixture.
 Making sure you leave a quarter to half an inch at the top for the jam to expand.
(I boiled the tops of my jar to ensure they were free from germs.)

Let stand for twenty four hours to set then put in the freezer.

These will last a month in the fridge and a year in the freezer : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Games we Played in February 2022

  February was a big game month for our family. Lilly Belle and I both discovered a love for board games and that left us wanting to play on...