Friday, May 23, 2014

~ 6 Month Update ~

We just recently past the six month point. 
I am really excited that we are this far along, but I still feel like I have forever to go!


A lot has happened since our last update. Tax season ended and so did my seasonal job. I love the people I worked with and do miss them, but I love being back at home with Hannah. 
The biggest downside to not working is that time has really slowed down for me. I worked the end of January till mid April and those months FLEW by. I could not believe how quickly it went!
The past month and a half . . . . not so much. 
I am trying to stay busy. That seems to be the key to speeding up time.
Now I am home, I have started to spring clean my house. I have organized both mine and Hannah's closet, my bedroom, Hannah's bedroom, and almost done with the guest room. It feels so good to declutter!! I have also been reading a lot more, and trying to run more as well. 
I also recieved a new calling at my church. I am the activity days leader, so I get to do fun activities with the girls ages 8-11. 


I also had a blast at my first 5k!!! It was a color run in San Bernardino. I didn't take the running side of it too seriously because it seemed like more fun then anything. I was also very lucky that most of the color thrown at me landed on my hair and not my face. I have already signed up for my next 5k, at the end of July. This one is a bubble run down in Pomona.



Hannah is doing really well. She is loving being at home, but really misses her cousins. Hannah's favourite thing to do is run! We have a path that runs along the back of our house and our neighbours house, and Hannah just runs up and down for about an hour (nap time lasts a while on those days. . . .Love it!)
Hannah also enjoys playing babies, sidewalk chalk, and testing the bikes at the MCX. When Daddy gets back, we'll look into getting her a bike. I don't want to deal with that.  

We did attempt potty training; however, I just didn't feel like Hannah was very into it. She had no problem peeing in her underwear and doesn't have the patience to sit on the toilet for very long and wait. Her favourite thing is the toilet paper. So yeah, we will try again another day. 

Hannah does miss her Daddy. I think she feels his absence more when we are home. Today, for example, she walked over to me and said, "I'm sad." When I asked her why she was sad, her reply was, "I miss Daddy." 
Those moments just break my heart, but overall she is doing really well. 


Time has been flying for Aaron. He is doing a lot more over there, so we don't communicate as much. 
I did wake up randomly at 2am the other night, and noticed I had a facebook message. It was from Aaron, and so at 2 in the morning we were messaging back and forth.
 Aaron informed me that he had injured his hand, and they had to medivac him out from wherever he was. Aaron managed to cut the tip off his index finger. He said you could see bone. . . . .Ouch and extremely gross!!
He is doing good, and anxious to get back to work and join his team.  It is difficult to write details about what Aaron is doing over there because I don't know any. I have no idea what he does and I prefer it that way. All I need to know is that he is alive and well. 

Thank you so much for your prayers and continued support. We love you all!!
Hopefully soon we'll be sharing our homecoming story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Games we Played in February 2022

  February was a big game month for our family. Lilly Belle and I both discovered a love for board games and that left us wanting to play on...