Sunday, February 16, 2014

What's in my Primary Chorister Bag?



This week we are working on I will Follow God's Plan.
I found this really cute idea on Camille's Primary Ideas where they play chutes and ladders.


For Junior Primary, I divided them into two teams. One at a time I would call them up to roll the dice and then move their piece up the board. Then we sang the song to the space their piece was at. They loved playing this game and were willing to sing loud after each turn.

For Senior Primary, I left them in their classes. We sang the song all the way through and then played the game. It was a race to the finish. We didn't stop to sing the song because I thought they knew it well enough. Senior primary loved the competition and it ended up with my (seven) eleven year old boys winning. Yes, I have seven boys in Valiant eleven!! They then came to the front of the class to sing the song to everyone else. I was surprised how willing they were to sing to the other children.

I then had all senior primary sing the song. 


The word for the colored squares is one of these pictures. 


In nursery we sang Old MacDonald had a Farm. The nursery kids loved it!!

I am so grateful for wonderful choristers who take time to make all these fun ideas and then makes them available for the rest of us. My kids think I'm pretty cool : ) I am also really grateful for my calling and the sweet spirit the primary children have. I know our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. I am glad for the opportunity to have my testimony strengthened by these sweet yet powerful songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Games we Played in February 2022

  February was a big game month for our family. Lilly Belle and I both discovered a love for board games and that left us wanting to play on...