Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Book Review : Elemental Series Books One - Four ~

Book Nine : Secret by Brigid Kemmerer
(book four in the Elemental Series)

This is book four in the Elemental Series, and I loved it!! 

I do have to start by saying I absolutely HATE the covers!!!! 



See what I mean!? Yeah I decided these books were perfect for my kindle : )

This series follows the Merrick brothers, Michael, twins Gabriel and Nicholas, Chris, and their enemy turned friend, Hunter Garrity.

Each book follows one of the five guys. Storm is Chris's story, Spark is Gabriel's Story, Spirit is Hunter's story, Secret is Nicholas's secret, and Sacrifice is Michael's story (due to be released in September 2014.) I thought that was a nice spin on a series, and something you don't see very often. I also love that each book picks up where the last book ended, it just has a different main character. 

Oh and I should tell you that each brother has power over a different element. Michael - Earth, Gabriel - Fire, Nick - Air, and Chris - Water. Hunter is called a fifth which means he can feel and have power over all four elements. The five of them together are extremely powerful. I wasn't sure if I would like this "element" aspect of the book, but I really love it. : )

These books are easy to read and easy to get lost in. They are one hundred percent addictive! I think I read the first three books plus the three novellas in a week. I just could not put them down! Once I finished one I had to go straight into the next.

My favourite book so far has to be Spark. I love love love Gabriel, but each book has been amazing. There are some additional characters throughout the book who also have great character growth and development. My favourite supporting character you'll read about a little bit in each book; however, he really develops in book four, and I loved him. I won't say who . . . . . you'll have to read them : )

I would recommend these books to girls age fourteen up.
There is a lot of action but there is also a lot of cheesy lovey dovey scenes as well - everything I love in a young adult book!!

There are also three novellas in this series that I would recommend reading as well.


They give a little bit more info on Michael, Hunter, and Nicholas.


images from goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Games we Played in February 2022

  February was a big game month for our family. Lilly Belle and I both discovered a love for board games and that left us wanting to play on...